1) Wi-Fi apps be extra careful with these types of phone apps they claim to provide you with Wi-Fi hotspots speed boosters and analyzers free Wi-Fi keys network protection and so on and so forth however if you don’t want these apps to get access to all your data avoid them at all costs here are just a few examples master Wi-Fi key free Wi-Fi pro smart free Wi-Fi and free Wi-Fi connect well steer clear of these tricksters considering the huge number of apps created every single day, not even Google can keep track and check the safety of all the new programs so the security of your device mostly depends on you now tell us in the comments below if you have any of these apps on your smartphone and whether you’re going to uninstall them.
2) Battery savers and fast charge apps there are countless apps promising to extend battery life or make a smartphone charge faster, for example, there are apps like d-u battery saver and fast charge, in fact, nothing, especially an application, can change the speed of your gadget charging they do nothing to help your phone’s battery work more effectively what they really do is provide you with an endless stream of ads that appear even on your lock screen
3)Music player as you can probably guess from the name this app lets you listen to the audio files you’ve saved on your device however even though the files are saved the application still consumes tons of data since it’s full of ads what’s more it causes a massive drain of your battery
4) Defragmentation apps that defragment mobile devices were super popular right at their inception because they’re similar to the same programs on computers but a smartphone doesn’t have any hard drive for these apps to defragment they can only analyze how much space certain programs take up beside defragmentation apps also use your phone’s resources and can collect your personal data not worth it
5) Lie detectors surely you don’t fall for these apps now do you because they’re created just for fun you know maybe in the future all phones will come with built-in biometric sensors that can read the subtle changes in heart rate when someone answers random questions but until that day comes we’re stuck with what we got and today’s mobile lie detectors are about as useful as crystal balls or the device that fortune tellers use like any other app of this sort they kill your battery plus they absolutely don’t need access to your contacts and personal data so if you’ve downloaded a lie detecting app and it’s trying to get this access delete it.
6) Apps for increasing your phone’s memory apps that promise to increase the amount of RAM on your device are optimizers and all they can actually do is clear the cache temporarily but remember we already mentioned that your phone can do this on its own oh and one thing about RAM you won’t get more memory than your phone had initially plus these programs don’t just use up the resources you have but also gladly collect your data.
7) Browsers with additional features this category includes browsers with special features like gaming and video streaming these types of applications have two major downfalls first off the number of built-in ads is just ridiculous not only are these ads incredibly annoying they also really slow your phone down secondly these special browsers require access to most aspects of the system they can even manage your calls which as you know isn’t safe let’s take for example UC browser which is the number one web browser in India and China it’s supposed to have a fast mode that compresses data and saves you tons of megabytes and usage trust me it’s not as cool as it sounds because this browser is actually used for tracking as soon as you start using it your searches IMEI and IMSI numbers Android ID and other information is directed to an Alibaba analytics tool and your geolocation down to the street name you’re on getting sent to an Alibaba mapping tool without any encryption this all sounds really techy and confusing just note that it’s extremely unsafe for you as the user.
8) Antivirus programs from unknown developers when hackers started stealing people’s data from their phones mobile anti viruses naturally started popping up everywhere and that’s exactly when the hackers themselves got the bright idea to create their own anti-virus apps which can steal users personal data and even completely block the phone just check out what this fake antivirus called low P is capable of it aggressively displays advertisements that redirect the user to malicious Internet resources and as soon as these web pages open harmful files are automatically downloaded it can also send delete and reply to text messages allowing it to control the phone system plus if that wasn’t enough it subscribes you to differ pay for services and you wonder where your money is disappearing too and that’s not all oh no this app takes deceit to a whole new level it makes the user believe that genuine antivirus scanners are dangerous for the software and demands that you uninstall them as soon as they’re detected to make matters even worse all this activity going on in the low P app can overheat your phone so much that the battery bulges destroying your Android deviceyeah stay far away from this one folk.
9) Built-in browsers these apps are exactly like what they sound browsers that come factory installed on your device they’re mostly slow working and as you can guess not that popular in most cases built-in browsers open when you click a link which is pretty annoying if you ask me but it’s more serious than just inconvenience unlike, For example, Google Chrome these programs have no protection against interception of data.
10) Optimizers like clean master are supposed to take care of your phone by clearing your cache and deleting unnecessary programs but most phones today come with this function already built-in which makes these apps essentially useless they also drain the battery life so really optimizers don’t make your phone system faster they just slow it down and bring you ads as an added bonus.
11)Media apps these apps were also really prevalent at first but then started losing their popularity pretty quick their decline has nothing to do with hackers it’s just that social media apps suck up so much of your device’s energy and kill the battery too nobody wants to deal with a lagging phone right many Facebook users find the mobile version of the browser much easier to use than the official app so how about giving that a try
12) Weather apps now weather apps used to be really popular back in the day at least until it was discovered that some of them contained dangerous viruses there was one case where a weather app had a built-in Trojan that collected information from the user’s phone and sent it to the attackers those stinkers, for the most part, they were interested in credit card data surprise surprise over 5,000 people downloaded the app which besides showing them the forecast also intercepted their texts that allowed the bad guys to avoid 2-step authentication and easily get access to banking information now that most smart devices come with pre-loaded and much more trustworthy weather apps nobody really needs to download them anymore thank goodness.